Jan 28, 2009

I wrote this while I was at Lake Barkley in late December but I also think it applies to today.

How Beautiful is your creation, O Lord.
The lake shines, the trees sway in the wind,
It is a simple subtle beauty.

It takes times like these to truly be
Reminded of how intricately made nature is.
How leaves change colors in the fall,
How evergreens cling to their color
Through the harshest winter cold.

In this light winter breeze, amongst
The cries of geese and ravens I hear you.
I sense your presence on this lake shore,
I see your beauty and magnificence
reflect off the water.

O God of Creation, I am but a speck
In the vastness of creation,
Yet you love me more than the crying birds,
Or the trees on the Lakeshore.
God help me realize this daily,
On days when I do not have a Lakeshore
To show of your beauty,
Lord, let me see your beauty in everyday life.

No comments: