Jan 8, 2009

Reason for working at Little Caesars over break...

I am going to preface this with a brief statement. I am going to tell you what happened to me the other day at work, but it has some cursing in it, and I didn't want to censor anything that way you can see what kind of atmosphere I work with.


So I work with a guy name Mike. He is not the brightest guy in the world, nor is he the nicest, nor is he the most polished. If anything he is representative of the hick kind of people that live in Berea and surrounding counties. He is crude, rude, and vulgar. I say this because it sets up the conversation that I had with him on Tuesday. But before I get to that I need to go over me a little. I worked at Little Caesars back in high school and Mike was one of my coworkers then too. I treated him like crap. No excuses needed.

Back to the matter at hand, my conversation with Mike.

"Hey Matt, I got a quick question? How come you not an asshole like you were?

A simple question right?

My answer sparked a conversation that I couldn't have imagined taking place when I asked to come back to work over Thanksgiving break. I told him that it was because of Jesus. He looked at me really weird and said, "You're shittin' me right?" No, Mike, I am not. Because of this we had a thirty minute conversation about Jesus while we doing sheetouts.

This was the first time that I had really openly had a conversation about God with someone that knew me from my past. It went really well and I didn't get words confused with anything I was trying to say. This was truly a God thing. Not anything that I did.

Oh the things that you don't think will happen but do under the authority of God.

2 comments:

sarah said...

awesome.

Peace said...

Tag!! You're it!! I tagged you in my blog...check it out to see what I mean. :)

http://ryanpeace.blogspot.com/