Nov 26, 2008

I <3 Berea or True Thanksgiving

After an entire summer of classes, and one weekend at home for the WKU/EKU game, I can finally say that I am able to spend some time at my house and not have to worry about school. This is not something that I normally want to do, but I needed to have this break. I needed to see my family, to sleep in my bed at home, to sit on my couch and watch TV all day. To do absolutely nothing. It has been long needed.

For the longest time at school I was always the one that never went home. I was also the one that never went home. I only went home when I was kicked out, and normally when I went home I wanted to go back as soon as possible.

Don't get me wrong I love my family, but at the time I wanted separation, I wanted to be independent. I didn't get that indepedence at home, but it was there at WKU for me when I got there. Now three years into college I am starting to realize that I probably needed my family and home more often than I thought.

Sitting here writing this in my living room, I have been thinking what I am truly thankful for. Now I am truly thankful for all of the meaningful relationships that I have made at WKU, but I always took my family for granted. I shouldn't have. But that is what I am truly thankful of, and I thank God everyday for them.

2 comments:

emily said...

aw. well isn't that precious.

what about that 15 page paper.. i think you are thankful for that :)

sarah said...

I am almost to the point where I can enjoy going home.

As long as no one brings up money, grades, or malfunctioning vehicles. Then I feel the need to leave ...as quickly as I can.