Nov 16, 2008

Send Me

Send me, what a prayer to have as someone who was dead set on not doing any type of mission work. For the longest time I felt like I wasn't the person that God wanted to send on any particular mission. So when I always just used the excuse that I wasn't called for missions.

This is not so. I am called to do missions. Now where I am to go is what my calling is. In Matthew 28, Jesus tells us to "Go, and Make disciples of all nations." Notice he didn't say "Go...if you feel called to it." No, rather the calling of missions is something that every christian should have. I am just now beginning to realize this. Paul addresses this further in Romans 10: 14-15.

"(14) How then will the call on Him who they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard. And how will they hear without a preacher? (15) How will preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things."

I am beginning to realize that it is not a decision of mine whether or not I go into the mission field. Rather it is something that God requires of me. And I will walk humbly in the path set before me by Him (Micah 6:8). So as I make this gigantic leap of faith, please pray for me and God's plan for me.

1 comment:

emily said...

you forgot to mention the verse acts 1:8 - which, fyi, made me cry when we read it in church today. That's how awesome the weekend was!