Mar 30, 2009

Faith Like a Child

I do believe that it has been a long time since I wrote one of these...so here goes.

I know many of us have had those experiences where we just seem to know that God is working through us and in us. I had one of these experiences this past weekend.

As many of you know, I spent the weekend volunteering at The Center for Courageous Kids in Scottsville, KY, and I think that I could not have had a better weekend. This is not because of all the fun that I had, but also the reassurance of the calling that God has placed on my life. This weekend I was with children that were not "normal" but they were loved anyway. Working with these children just kept showing me of what God wanted me to do with the rest of my life. Work with children that need help of any kind.

Down Syndrome is an interesting condition. I know we are all familiar with it, but seeing the passion of those kids just brought life back into me. You could really see God in those children. Just by how they treated each other and how they treated you and showed their love for you.

I just thank God that I got this opportunity to go volunteer this weekend, and I hope that he continues to give me opportunities like this.

"Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14.

No comments: